March 30, 2012

Searching for the Perfect Color Palette

Other than their wedding theme, brides and grooms must also decide on their motif, or as some would say, their color palette for the wedding. This would dictate how the wedding would look like: the colors of the bridesmaids' dresses, the colors of the linens and ribbons used during the reception, and even the colors of the paper used for the invitations. Frankly, choosing the wedding colors  is possibly the hardest thing in planning a wedding, other than saving up for the budget of course. Haha.

I have been searching the Internet for months trying to find our wedding motif. At first, I wanted to use purple because purple is my favorite color, but I felt it was already overused. I also didn't want anything with pink, mauve or peach in it because I felt it was too feminine. After all, I also have Mox to think of and I know he doesn't want anything too girly for him. I thought of green, but I just didn't feel any kinship with it. Walang "This is it" feeling eh.

When we decided on the beach theme for our wedding, our search for the perfect motif became easier because we immediately thought of TURQUOISE to signify the blue of the ocean. Now, all we had to do was to pair of turquoise with another color to create our color palette. I wanted vivid colors that would pop and create a lively, fun vibe for our wedding, especially since it would be held in the summer. One of our choices was yellow, but I've already seen numerous weddings with different shades of blue and yellows together. I wanted to our motif to be different and I wanted it to somehow be related to our beach theme. Luckily, I found the perfect color palette:


Turquoise and tangerine orange are perfect complements to one another because the warmness of orange can balance out the coolness of turquoise. Tangerine orange range also contributes to the beachy vibe because it represents the color of the hot sun. Oh diba, beach na beach ang dating.

I still don't know how we would incorporate the colors in our wedding. We could use turquoise as our main color (bridesmaid dresses, linens, etc.) and orange as the accent color (flowers, ribbons, etc.), with a few splashes of white to balance everything out. Or maybe we could use white as the main color then have turquoise and orange as the accent colors. We'll just discuss this with our wedding coordinator to see how we could pull this motif off. Good thing, I found some pegs that would at least help us visualize the colors together.





Note: All pictures were from Google images. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...