March 13, 2012

Food Tasting # 3: VS&F Classic Food International

Aside from scouting for prospective suppliers, Mox and I also attended VS&F’s grand food tasting during the bridal fair last Saturday. We were already hungry because we haven’t eaten anything yet, but we thought we should just wait for the food tasting so that we wouldn’t spend money on food. Oh diba, tipid moves for the win! But we had to wait for the unveiling of the Kitchen on Wheels—VS&F’s mobile kitchen for out-of-town weddings—before the food was served. Good thing the waiters served some dumplings and sushi with chili sauce during the launch so at least our hunger was alleviated a bit.

VS&F's Kitchen on Wheels
At the food tasting, all of VS&F’s tables were set up to fit the nautical theme so we weren’t able to see other actual samples of their setups. Their motif was navy blue, red and white; their centerpieces were wooden model ships; and their table numbers were glass bottles filled with sand. Hmm, maybe I could use that as an inspiration for my own table numbers since ours would be a beach-themed wedding. I’ll take note of that for my future DIY projects.

Unlike the last two food tastings we’ve attended, which were buffet setups, VS&F used plated service, with different set menus for each attendee. Frankly, I like that better because I don’t have to put all entrees in my plate just to taste them; I could just take a bite from Mox’s plate. Less food equals lesser chances of throwing up from overeating. Haha! Sadly, I don’t have any pictures of the food because cameras weren’t allowed inside the fair so hopefully my descriptions would be enough to satisfy your curiousity and hunger.  Hehe.

For the soup, I had the Cream of Spinach while Mox had the Seafood Chowder. The cream of spinach was surprisingly good considering I don’t like spinach, but the seafood chowder was the clear winner.  The soup was thick and creamy, and there were bits of crabmeat, squid and shrimp in the soup. Sabaw pa lang, nakakabusog na!   

For the salad, Mox had the Asian Salad while I had the Waldorf Salad with Caramelized Walnuts. The Waldorf salad was delicious! Aside from the usual leafy greens, the salad also had apples and potatoes. The sweetness of the caramelized walnuts balanced the sourness of the mayonnaise, so there was no umay factor. The only downside is the salad was in a cocktail glass so it was difficult to cut the potatoes and apples into bite-sized chunks.

I could not remember most of the main courses, except for the beef dishes. I had the Roast Beef with Gravy while Mox had the Lengua with Mushroom Sauce. I was disappointed with the roast beef because it tasted bland, even with the gravy. Puro taba pa yung karne! The lengua tasted much better because the beef was very tender and the sauce was creamy, although I couldn’t taste the mushroom in it. Oh well, my taste buds are not that sophisticated anyway. Basta masarap, okay na yun sa akin. Haha!

We were supposed to have entrees that were cooked on the spot, but since the AEs were so busy attending to other people, they forgot to bring it to us. Well, we were too full to eat anyway so no harm done. There was also a dessert bar with six kinds of desserts, but we couldn’t really tell which was which because there were no names. But one thing was for certain: they were all delicious. :)

VERDICT: In terms of food, VS&F was a winner. There were so many dishes that we liked. However, I couldn’t say anything about their setup because I have yet to see other actual samples. But based on their nautical setup during the event, I think they are very flexible and can easily adapt to whatever theme or motif you have in mind, albeit with extra charge. But once again, their packages, even the cheapest one, are still way beyond our budget, so it’s a NO for me.

VS&F CLASSIC FOOD INTERNATIONAL
VS&F Compound, Winston St., cor. Fortune St., East Fairview, Quezon City
937-1037 / 937-4989 / 938-8814

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...