March 31, 2012

The Loss of the Ring

After two weeks of sleeping in an unfamiliar hotel bed in Dubai, I am now back in my own messy but comfortable bed. However, this day has a bittersweet ending because amidst the chaos in the Hong Kong International Airport, I lost my engagement ring. :(

I remember taking it off in the restroom to wash my hands and apply my makeup. I even reminded myself to put it back on after all my bathroom rituals. But somehow, I still forgot about the ring, even though it was right in front of me. Sometimes, I am surprised how forgetful I can be. Kasasabi ko lang na wag kalimutan yung singsing, nakalimutan ko pa rin. I only remembered about it when I was already near our boarding gate. I ran  back to the restroom as fast as I could, but alas the ring was gone. :(

Mox tried to comfort me by saying that he would replace the ring with a new one, this time with sparkling diamond on it. After all, my engagement ring was just a silver band that costs P250. Kayang-kayang palitan diba? But I said no, because 1) I might misplace the ring again, and this time it would hurt not only my feelings but also Mox's wallet; and 2) no diamond ring could ever replace the sentimental value that my silver engagement ring holds. Everytime I would look at my ring, I would always remember the tears I shed when Mox proposed to me inside my car. Iba talaga kasi ang pakiramdam nun eh. And even though Mox will propose to me again, this time on his knees, with a diamond ring hidden in his pocket, it would never match the kilig I felt during his first proposal.

Until now, I am not yet used to seeing my left ring finger bare. I would absentmindedly stroke my finger only to find out that the ring is gone. I could even see an imprint of the ring on my skin. Gah, I miss it already. :(

You will be missed :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...