March 26, 2012

Dubai's Dancing Fountain

I just arrived from Dubai Mall where I spent hours walking around and visiting every shop. Grabe, walang nasabi ang Mall of Asia sa laki ng Dubai Mall! It took me almost the whole day to explore all four floors of the mall, and I even skipped some shops since I was too tired to go in anymore. I think I'm done with malls for now. Pahinga na muna wallet ko sa pagshopping. Hehe.

But the pièce de résistance of my trip to Dubai Mall was the nightly show of the Dubai Fountain. Set on Burj Khalifa Lake,the fountain shoots water jets over 150 meters in the air, almost as high as a 50-storey building! It has over 6,000 light and color projectors, which creates more than a thousand unique water expressions just in time with the music.

The show happens every thirty-minute interval between 6:00pm to 11:00pm, but each show attracts hundreds of people so be sure arrive early if you want a prime spot. I took a video of the show earlier, but it's a little shaky because I was craning my neck and raising my camera high above my head just to get a proper look. Yeah, it sucks to be a short girl. Haha.


In other news, more wedding-related this time, we will have another food tasting session on Saturday (our fourth since the start of the year). This time, it's with Swan Catering at their office in Quezon City. I just hope that my flight to Manila could already be booked so that I don't have to worry about missing this event.

UPDATE: My  flight was moved to Friday night so I would arrive in the Philippines on Saturday afternoon. That means I would miss the food tasting with Swan Catering. Boo! :(


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...