March 9, 2012

Church Hunt # 2: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

Despite our busy schedule with the food tastings, Mox and I were able to squeeze in a few hours to scout for possible churches. On top of our list was Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Shrine in New Manila, which was five minutes away from Oasis, where we had our food tasting with Lina Vitan.

Mt. Carmel is a favored choice for weddings because of its large, ornate array of stained glass windows, giving the church a romantic and serene atmosphere. Another major plus is its long aisle, where brides can truly savor the moment of walking down the aisle. Meanwhile, the reception can be held in their function hall, which is just behind the church, so it is very convenient for guests who do not have their own transportation. 




Photo from Blissful Wedding
The wedding rate is P15,000, but you have to hire their in-house choir for an additional P4,000. If you want to use your own choir, you must pay a P1,000 penalty. They also offer a stress-free wedding package that includes the use of their function hall. The package also comes with most of the amenities that a couple needs like photo/video and caterer.

VERDICT: Unfortunately, Mt. Carmel did not hold the same appeal to me as it did with other brides. It was my first time visiting the church and I was blown away by how large it was... and not in a good way. Sure, it is a beautiful and majestic church, but there is no "This is it!" feeling for me. I only want a small and intimate wedding, and Mt. Carmel is too grand for my taste. Also, I'm scared the church might look empty with only 130 guests. Baka kailangang pa naming humatak ng mga random people para magmukhang puno ang simbahan! Haha.

Another thing that I didn't like was its long aisle. Unlike most brides, I am scared to walk down a long aisle with everyone's eyes on me. Nakakapressure kaya yun at nakakatense! I'm very shy so the thought of being the center of attention for the day makes me nervous. Yes, I'm the bride that doesn't want to be the star. Weird right? I'm also notoriously clumsy. Expect me to trip at least once while walking, and to think I'm already wearing ballet flats or flipflops for that matter. What more if I'm wearing a long gown with a train and high heels? The chances of me tripping will double! Nakakahiya kung madapa naman ako sa gitna ng paglalakad diba? Added stress pa yun! So to minimize the risk of any unwanted accidents, I would rather have my wedding on a church with a short aisle. At least, ilang steps lang ang kailangan para marating ang altar. Haha!

Still, Mt. Carmel remains on our shortlist because it is  located near Mox and me (he's from Pasig and I'm from Marikina), and it has its own function hall, which is a non-negotiable for me. We will search for other churches, but if we still don't like them, then Mt. Carmel will be our church of choice. Basta ang importante, sa simbahan ako ikasal. Hehe.

OUR LADY OF MT. CARMEL SHRINE
Broadway, New Manila Quezon City
348-4291 / 724-5938 / 725-1508


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...