January 4, 2012

Put a Ring on It

What better way to start a wedding blog than by telling my own proposal story? So as promised, here is how Mox finally asked me to marry him. :)

That day, I received a call from a prospective employer asking me if I could go to their office for the job offer. Mox decided to go with me and just stroll around the mall while waiting. On our way home, he was uncharastically quiet. Given that we didn't have any arguments that day, it was quite unusual to have the awkward silence in the car.

I then saw him get teary-eyed and I immediately panicked. You see, this new job of mine requires me to go abroad frequently, which he didn't like. He's a sensitive guy (in short, iyakin), so I thought he was just being sentimental about me possibly leaving him for the job.

He asked me, "Papakasalan mo ba ako?". I answered yes, but I didn't really think more about it because we always say those things to each other. We have been thinking of getting married since the first month of our relationship (oo, masyado kaming excited eh), so these outbursts weren't such a big deal anymore. In fact, he even told me that he plans to propose by January, so I was expecting that to happen in January and not in November.

After asking me the second time if I will indeed marry him, he reached into his pocket and gave me a tiny box. And lo and behold, a shiny silver ring sits inside. Soon, the waterworks began, both from me and him. :)

Now let me present you with THE RING, which he bought while I was signing the job offer:

Aww, so pretty! :)

Don't mind my chubby fingers. :P
The ring is not as expensive as the other engagement rings. In fact, it is a very unconventional engagement ring because it is just a simple silver band with no diamonds or shiny stones. But it is the most beautiful ring that I have ever seen (well, second most beautiful ring. I'm still waiting for the wedding ring. Haha.)


2 comments:

  1. awww...:) this post made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alina! :) Sadly, this ring is no longer with me. :( And even though I have a new ring now, iba pa rin ang dulot ng kilig ng unang proposal. Haha.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...