January 14, 2012

The Bridal Fair Experience

*First of all, sorry for not updating this blog for almost a week now.  I have been so busy at my new work that I haven't had the time to write. I promise that I will update my blog every weekend... or at least I'll try. Hehe!*

I have registered for all the upcoming bridal fairs a year ago but when our wedding date was moved, I was already having second thoughts on attending the fairs. After all, I wouldn't be able to book suppliers because my wedding is still more than two years away. But since I had nothing to do last Friday while waiting for Mox to finish his shift, I decided to visit the Getting Married Bridal Fair at the SMX Convention Center in SM Mall of Asia.

My entrance ticket. :)
I was there at around 11am so there weren't that many people yet. I was able to go around to every booth, get all their brochures and calling cards, and even speak to some of the exhibitors. Whenever suppliers asked me when's the wedding date, I would always say that it's in April 2013, a year before our REAL wedding date. Some suppliers don't allow bookings for 2014 yet so I know I wouldn't be taken seriously if I would tell them my real wedding date. Besides, I only want an idea of their current rates so that I would be able to compute a tentative wedding budget, adding allowances for price increases. Rume-research lang kumbaga.

I also passed by the booth of Alt-X Videos, whom I planned to get as my videographer. Archie and Sansan were quite nice and accommodating, even though I told them that my wedding was still in 2014 (the only supplier to know my real wedding date). They even told me that it was okay to book them now to avail their current rates (they will have a price increase on Monday). It's just too bad I don't have the money to make a downpayment yet. Kaya no choice, dun talaga ako sa mas mataas na presyo. Huhu.

All in all, it was a tiring and yet a fulfilling experience. I got so many brochures and flyers that I had to put them inside a separate bag. And to be more organized, I put all brochures into long brown envelopes, each labeled with their respective supplier categories (photo, video, food, music, etc.). OC na kung OC. Haha!
Signs of my OC-ness



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...