January 28, 2012

The Cheapskate's Wedding Budget

I am the ultimate kuripot. Ask my closest friends, and they will definitely attest to that. I usually shy away from buying branded clothes, shoes and bags. In fact, Divisoria is my go-to place for my clothing needs. It came to a point that I would sacrifice good quality just for the sake of saving a few hundred pesos. Case in point, my P250 shoes that are now falling apart. Yes I know, I'm not a wise shopper. But I digress.

Anyway, that is why it is so hard for me to fathom the idea of spending almost half a million pesos just for a one-day event. With that amount, we could already pay for the downpayment of our house or even buy a car! When I was doing our initial wedding budget, I was so overwhelmed with the growing expenses that I told Mox we should just skip the whole wedding hoopla and just have a simple church ceremony (no entourage, no wedding march, etc.). For the reception, we'll just have it at a simple restaurant. But Mox said HE wanted to walk down the aisle and have a bonggang reception, with a band and all the works. Sus, mas maarte pa siya sa bride. Haha!

At first, our wedding budget was set at P250,000 maximum for 100 guests. Then the guest list increased to 150 guests so I had to change our budget to P300,000 max. In my computation table, I  had a list of suppliers that fit our budget and our chosen packages with them. But since the start of the year, most of them (yes, even my non-negotiables) increased their rates so I had to adjust my budget again to accommodate the price increases. Plus, Mox had some few requests like a mobile bar and a full band, so that was added to the computation as well. After all those changes, the grand total came to P350,000 max for 150 guests. Ouch, ang sakit na nito sa bulsa!

Here is a sample of my wedding budget computation. I made several versions to see how much we could save if we choose different catering packages and whether or not we could afford getting both a full band and mobile bar.  


Nahihilo na ako sa sobrang daming computations
These tables will hopefully help us be realistic with our wedding plans and stay within our set budget. Ayoko nang gumastos ng higit sa P350,000 para sa kasal namin. The cheapskate in me will definitely not approve of that. Haha. Grabe, ang mahal na talagang magpakasal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...