January 8, 2012

Digging Up Old Memories

It's past 2 a.m. and I can't sleep, so right now I'm reading my old blog entries from my Multiply site and all I can say is, Wow ang emo ko pala nung college! Haha.

Most of the entries were rants about the pressure of my senior year in college. While reading the posts about my thesis days, I could remember the tension and stress that I felt during that whole ordeal. How near I was to a nervous breakdown while trying to cram three thesis chapters in one night. How hard I prayed to God and all the angels and saints for divine intervention during our thesis defense. And how happy I was when I finally saw the hard copy of our thesis. These entries made me realize that I don't want to go back in college and do thesis all over again. Ayoko na ng ganung torture!

The bane of my college existence :P
My old blog also contained a lot of entries about my lovelife, both good and bad. While there were posts that bash my college ex, there were also mushy entries about him that were so cringe-worthy they make me want to puke. As in nakakadiri ang pagkacheesy ko noon. Haha. I will try to lessen the cheesiness in this new blog, although this may be a bit difficult to do because this is mostly a blog about our wedding, which is the ULTIMATE CHEESE DAY. So while I may put a mushy story or two about Mox, I will not resort to sappy endearments such as baby, honey or, God forbid, sweetie pie. Ugh.

Reading my old blog brought back a lot of good and bad memories and taught me a few insights. I realized that my grievances back then were petty compared to some of my current problems (debts and bills to be paid, work issues, impeding wedding costs). I feel that I am more mature now because I take every problem in stride and try to work out a solution instead of just complaining in my blog (although, there would still be an occasional rant here and there. Hehe.) Lastly, parang mas magaling pa ako magsulat noong emo ako ah. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Hmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...