January 5, 2012

Choosing the Big Date

In case you've noticed, my wedding ticker says I have about 2 years, 3 months and 3 weeks until our wedding day. Now don't bother with the violent reactions; I've probably heard them all. Yes, I know it's more than two years away. Yes, I know that it is too early to plan. Masyado nga daw akong excited, sabi nga nila. But hear me out okay? Choosing the wedding date proved to be a challenge as it is.

After our first anniversary in October, Mox and I talked about getting married in April 2014. I wanted a beach wedding and he wanted ample time to save for it. When he told his parents about our plans to get married in 2014, his father objected that Mox would be too old already (he will be 32 by then). So we decided to moved it to April 2013, also because most of Mox's relatives from the States will visit the Philippines in April.

But I was already having second thoughts with the date. A wedding in April 2013 would only give us about 1 year and 6 months to save and prepare. For other brides-to-be, this may be enough but bear in mind that we have NO savings at all and our salaries were not enough to sustain our daily needs. I calculated an estimate of how much we could allot for our wedding savings, but even after 1 1/2 years, it would still not be enough to cover the wedding expenses. So after much deliberation, we AGAIN moved the wedding date to December 2013.

After our engagement, I was already eager to start wedding preparations in January. But due to some unforeseen circumstances, we had to move the wedding date for the third time. I got fed up and told Mox that we must stick to our decision this time. Nahihilo na ako sa papalit-palit na petsa eh. So after all the drama, we decided to get married in April 2014 - our original wedding date. Sa hinaba-haba ng usapan, doon rin pala kami babagsak. And since I'm the bride, I get to choose the day! Yey! :)

So now it's official. The big day will happen on April 26, 2014! Mark your calendars, my friends! (Why 26? Well, I want the date to be higher than 20 and to fall on a Saturday, so 26 is the only viable choice. Haha.)

We haven't booked the church yet, but at least we already have a final date in mind. :)
We have more than 2 years to plan for our wedding, so we can first save money for the downpayments for the suppliers. I would probably start the official wedding preps in July or August. In the meantime, this blog will contain all the mood boards, ideas and inspirations that I have collected from the Internet. This could help us visualize on how our wedding would look like. Just being an OC bride-to-be. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...