October 16, 2012

Wedding Gown Couturier: Booked!

I don’t plan to splurge on my wedding gown, so obviously I couldn’t afford to book a designer who’ll make an original sketch for me. Instead, I settled for the next best thing: a capable and yet affordable couturier who can copy my gown peg to the tee.

There are a lot of affordable couturiers who have great feedbacks from W@W, but I only decided to meet two of them. First stop was Couturier A. She was actually my first choice because I’ve read a lot of raves about her gowns. Plus, she gave me the cheapest quote for my gown peg. However, when I met her, I couldn’t shake this uneasy feeling about her. Yes, she’s nice and chatty, but she also tends to be very bossy. She was always pushing for what she’d like for my gown and would disregard my suggestions. Okay, I know she’s more knowledgeable when it comes to fabrics, but shouldn’t she also consider her client’s preferences?

I also didn’t like the fact that she’s always praising herself. Masyado niyang binubuhat ang sarili niyang bangko. For example, when I was setting up a meeting with her, she’d always text me that I’d never go wrong with her because she’s very maalaga with her brides, her brides love her, blablablah. Sorry to all her fans, but I found her too mayabang. I decided to cross her out of my list, even though she’s the cheapest option, because I really wasn’t comfortable with her.

Next meeting was with Couturier B. Brides would usually get them as their entourage designer, but I’ve also seen their bridal gowns and I thought they were beautiful. My former boss got them to do her wedding gown, and she also attested to their impeccable ability to copy pegs. And when I met the niece of the couturier, I instantly felt at ease with her because she’s very nice and soft-spoken. Unlike Designer A, she would give out her recommendations and yet would still take note of my comments. She even took the time to send me other design options for my skirt since my first peg would cost more than my alloted budget. Because of that, I booked them on the spot! Friends, let me introduce to you my wedding gown couturier: Jeff House of Fashion!

Their bridal package includes the usual bridal accessories such as veil, cord, pouch, aras and garter, as well as a five yard-long detachable train! Check out the train on this gown. Diba ang taray?



Ooh, I'm so excited for the measurements-taking and the gown fittings. I can't wait to see how my dream gown would look like. Kelangan ko nang magpapayat!


1 comment:

  1. This information shared in this post may be useful for the engaged people. They may also use the wedding planner iPad app for searching the wedding resources to save the wedding planning time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...