May 8, 2012

OTD Coordinator: Booked!

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my dilemma on choosing our OTD coordinator because I had a difficult time deciding between The One Exclusive and M Events. After asking for help from fellow brides at W@W and musing over each of the coordinators’ pros and cons, I’ve finally came up with a decision.

Our chosen OTD coordinator for our special day is…



I felt The One Exclusive was THE ONE (forgive the pun) not only because of the great feedbacks received from their brides, but also because I felt very at ease with them during our first meeting. Of course, I also said the same thing about M Events, but I thought I'd be more comfortable working with Kath because we are somewhat of the same age bracket. I don’t know why, but I have an aversion in “bossing” around people who are older than me. Parang nakakahiya kasing mag-utos eh. I’d rather give out orders to people who are relatively of the same age as me because it wouldn’t be too awkward if I'd get mad at them in case something wrong happens. Pwedeng-pwede ko ilabas ang inner bridezilla ko sa kanila. Haha!
 
I also like that Kath took a casual, “we-are-your-friends” approach to our meeting. She didn’t present any excel sheets or Powerpoint slides, and there was no formal question-and-answer portion, which sounded like a job interview. Instead, she just casually asked how our wedding preps were getting along and gave tips and advices that would be useful during the big day itself. She also shared some anecdotes on the weddings they have coordinated, even the one that was “controversial” because it earned them a very long, negative feedback from the bride. I’ve read that long thread in W@W, but it was nice to hear TOE’s side of the story even though the wedding happened more than a year ago. I think negative feedbacks on suppliers are unavoidable because you can't please everyone, but at least TOE takes every negative review as constructive criticism, which will help them be better in their craft.

Another advantage is that Kath, Thoffy and the rest of the TOE team have worked with most of our chosen suppliers at least one time. Since almost all of them are friends, they are already familiar with each other's work ethics and would not be second-guessing one another anymore.

But the thing that really sealed the deal for me was the fact that TOE's package rate already includes an emcee. I've heard good reviews about Thoffy as a host and I'm sure he would make our celebration fun, lively and unforgettable. Not only that, I already asked Arbee of KTG Events, who is one of my closest friends, to act as Thoffy's co-host. KTG and TOE are both friends, so even Kath was excited at the idea of pairing up Thoffy with Arbee. In her words nga, "Magiging maingay reception mo pag sina Thoffy and Arbee ang mga host!" So now I got two emcees instead of just one. :)

TOE does not require a specific amount to pay for reservations; any amount is fine to block the date. TOE also allows about a month for pencil booking in case you need more time to think about your decision. The payment terms are very flexible so it wouldn't burn a hole in your pocket once you'd book them. Although sometimes they take a long time to reply to my queries, but I'm not yet worried. Malayo pa naman wedding ko eh. :)

I just received the acknowledgement receipt for our downpayment and even some worksheets for our wedding. Nakakaexcite and nakakapressure i-fill up ang mga worksheets na yun! But, I also have another thing in mind. Now that I finally booked our OTD coordinator, how should I tell M Events that I would not get their services anymore? Any suggestions please?

THE ONE EXCLUSIVE
0917-5303663 (Thoffy), 0927-9767455 (Kath)
theoneexclusive@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. I personally cannot recommend Kath Enaje-Tizon from The One Exclusive. She is did not pay our company's generator rental service for her event as agreed, last week.

    She "may" be okay with her clients, and I'm glad your event turned out well. But she schemes/tricks her fellow suppliers when there's an opportunity. Another event supplier in the industry was also tricked by her during a different event. Just cautionary tale for others if they're thinking of working with this coordinator (as a supplier, or even as a client).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...