May 9, 2012

Fruity Centerpieces

Every time I'd search for pegs for a beach-themed wedding reception, I would always find blue candles floating on water, shells and sand scattered on the table, or beach pails as centerpieces. These ideas are all beautiful, but since my theme is already very common, I want my reception to look unique. I want to veer away from the usual beachy centerpieces and yet find things that would scream "tropical island paradise"!

Then I fell in love with the idea of using fruits as centerpieces. Not only does it exudes the tropical vibe that I want (imagine yourself stranded on an island with nothing but fruits to eat), but it also brightens up the reception. Everything is just so colorful, which would look gorgeous in our wedding photos! Plus, you can even eat the fruits once the reception is over. It's a win-win situation! :)

Here are some inspirations that I found for our reception. Since our motif is turquoise and orange, I'm thinking of using oranges as centerpieces, but we can also add lemons and limes for variety. We can also combine the fruits with some flowers, although I'm still undecided whether to used tall vases or just short ones. Oooh, now I'm excited for our detailing! Hopefully, our caterer would help us execute this idea of mine. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...