May 11, 2012

DIY: Wedding Monogram

I spent the whole day practicing my DIY skills for our wedding. This time, I attempted to make our wedding monogram using Photoshop. Since the only designing tool that I use is Paint (and that is to just crop my face out of bad pictures), I had to search for tutorials for Photoshop newbies like me. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to make sense of the different tools and functions of the software. I now have more respect for the graphic artists and designers out there. Nakakahilo ang Photoshop, promise.

Good thing I found this blog that helped me through the process in creating our monogram:. Wedding Monograms Tutorials. There are various tutorials here that can help DIY brides create different styles for their monograms to suit their theme or motif.

After spending the day tinkering with Photoshop, here is what I came up with:

I don't know if this will make the cut for our wedding monogram, but hey, I'm still proud of my little creation. I may be tooting my own horn a bit, but I think it's beautiful. Pagbigyan na, first time makagawa ng ganito eh. And in Photoshop too!

But I never thought making this baby can be so time-consuming. Maybe I should just leave all the monogram-designing and invitation-layouting to Mox. After all, he is the expert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...