April 27, 2012

The Search for the Perfect Coordinator

When I was still scouting for suppliers, I already shortlisted one OTD coordinator for our wedding because I felt that we had instant rapport even though we were only communicating via email that time. Kumportable talaga ako sa kanya eh. Plus, she also gave me an unexpected wedding gift, which would lead to more savings in our wedding budget. So I thought we would book her once her 2014 calendar opens.

But then I learned that she doesn't accept Saturday weddings anymore due to her church activities, and unfortunately, our wedding falls on a Saturday. She did say that she usually follows to the reception once she's finished with church, but I didn't want to take any chances in case something goes wrong and she's not there. I wanted an OTD coordinator who would give us his/her full-fledged attention during our special day. So sadly, I had to let my dream coordinator go and look for another one.

After reading great reviews about them in W@W and GirlTalk, and making sure they fit our specific budget, I finally decided to meet with two OTD coordinators tomorrow:

1. Grace Roxas of M Events
2. Kath Tizon and Thoffy Consulta of The One Exclusive

I was supposed to meet with Kath last week, but she had an emergency to attend to so I rescheduled it for tomorrow afternoon. And since I didn't want my day to go to waste, I also scheduled a morning meeting with Grace. That way I would be able to compare my experiences with both of them, and hopefully make a decision on who to pick for our OTD coordinator. After all, someone must help me tame my inner bridezilla. Hehe.

Don't let me be a bridezilla!
I just hope Mox would be able to get out of work as soon as he can so that he could join me in my meeting with Kath and Thoffy. Napapagod na rin kasi akong makipagmeet sa mga suppliers na mag-isa. I just wish he would be more supportive with our wedding preps, even though it's still "too early to plan" (his words, not mine). I know a wedding is supposedly all for the bride, but c'mon, this is his wedding too. I also need a groom's input on the wedding details and other stuff! Hay, this rant definitedly deserves another blog entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...