April 23, 2012

Wedding Dilemma Part 1: Air-conditioned Church or Not?

The only downside of a long engagement is that we would often change our minds during the wedding preps whenever we would see something that is supposedly better than what we've chosen. The fickle-mindedness of brides (and even grooms) has already bitten me because lately I've been second-guessing some of our decisions regarding our prospective supplier.

The first wedding dilemma is with our church. Ever since we've started planning, I never really thought of holding our wedding in an air-conditioned church because I felt that it was not a necessity to begin with. We've already set a specific budget for our church and an air-conditioned church would cost more than what we could pay for.

At first, we were pretty set on booking Mary the Queen Parish in Greenhills.


But now, I am having second thoughts of booking a non air-conditioned church. Our wedding will be held in the summer, and if today is any indication of how hot  it would be on our wedding, then we would have a problem. Grabe lang sa init ah! I want everyone to be comfortable on our wedding day, without having to worry about sweat stains on their outfits, body odor and crankiness brought by the scorching summer heat. I want everyone to be cool even though it's almost 36 degrees outside.

And because of that, we've thought of having our wedding at Santuario de San Jose, a church in Greenhills that offers air-conditioning.


However, the rate of SSJ costs P10,000 more than Mary the Queen, which is way out of our budget. Mox told me that he's okay with a non air-conditioned church, but I'm still not convinced. We would visit both churches on May 1, so I guess I just have to rely on our "This is it" feeling for our decision.

What about you, which church would you choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...