April 28, 2012

My First DIY Attempt

I am not an artsy person. I couldn't draw to save a life and I couldn't make some crafts out of recycled materials. But I still plan to do some DIYs for our wedding to save a few thousand bucks on our wedding expenses. Ambisyosang frog diba? Haha! I  already made a list for our DIYs, which includes my entourage's flowers and even the reception decor. Hay, good luck na lang sa akin. I've been researching nonstop for tutorials, but I'm still not confident that I could pull off my DIY dreams for our wedding. I definitely need all the help I could get, so as early as now, I am already practicing on my DIY skills.

For starters, I  tried to make a simple fabric flower, which will be used for the entourage's bouquets. Since this is my first attempt, I used an old piece of curtain for the flower, but I will use felt fabric for the real bouquets.

After a few burns from the glue gun, I finally finished my fabric flower:

Don't mind the band-aid. :P
There are different ways on how to make a fabric flower, but this is probably the easiest way to do it. I'll post some tutorials once I begin making my entourage's bouquets for real. Practice run lang ito. Hehe.

I thought of attaching the flower to a headband, which could be used as an accessory for the flower girl. I got my old headband and covered it with a strip of cloth so it would be the same color as the flower. The edges were a bit frayed because I used crappy scissors, but at least it added character to the headband. Hehe.

 
Here's my cousin, who will be my flower girl for the wedding, wearing my DIY headband.



I think my first DIY attempt is a success, but I still need to practice more, especially since I plan to make more complicated accessories (but that is a secret for now). Oh well, at least I still have two years to improve on my skills. Malay mo pagkatapos nito, magiging DIY queen na ako. Haha! Asa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...