September 8, 2013

Food Tasting # 22: Dorie's Catering

And we're back with another food tasting entry! Oh, I missed writing about my foodie adventures. Haha.

Today's entry is about Dorie's Catering. Honestly, I have never heard of this caterer until Marifel, one of my W@Wie friends, told us about their grand food tasting in Tanghalang Pasigueno. And since I couldn't pass up the chance to have a free dinner, Mox and I decided to tag along with them. Kebs kung di ko sila kilala, basta libre ang pagkain, game ako! Haha.

Well, the "grand food tasting" turned out to be a real debut event, but John, one of the owners of Dorie's Catering, assured us that it was okay to have our food tasting there. When we arrived at the venue, we immediately saw the debutante's couch surrounded by cherry blossoms. The tables also had centerpieces with dangling crystals and flowers on top. I thought the setup was very pretty, although I'm really not a fan of the monobloc chairs. Hehe.




For the food tasting, we were first served the vegetable dish: Lumpiang Ubod.  I just took a bite of it because I really don't like vegetables, but I thought it tasted fine. It's not really the most mouthwatering dish out there, but it tasted okay naman. Mox said the peanut sauce tasted too salty though.
Lumpiang Ubod
We were then given a plate filled with six different entrees: Fish with Tartar Sauce, Fettuccine Carbonara,  Chicken Flambe, Spanish Beef Caldereta, Chicken Pastel, and Roast Beef.

Clockwise: Roast Beef, Chicken Pastel, Spanish Beef Caldereta, Chicken Flambe, Fettuccine Caldereta, and Fish with Tartar Sauce
I honestly couldn't remember how each dish tasted like because their flavors all got mixed up in my mouth. Haha. The only thing that I could remember was all of them were too salty! Even Mox thought so too, which was why he didn't finish all of the entrees. I did like the Chicken Pastel though, mainly because it was the only dish that didn't taste as if a whole container of salt was poured into it.

The last dish served was the dessert: Mango Tapioca. The cream was sweet, but the mangoes were a bit sour. Still, I liked this dish. What can I say, I love anything with mangoes on it. Hehe.

Mango Tapioca
Dorie's rates are pretty affordable; I think the most expensive package costs less than P600 per head. Their food also features that same homey style as that of Ma Del's Cuisine, although admittedly, I like Ma Del's entrees better. But, for brides with limited budget, I still suggest that you try out Dorie's Catering. Who knows, they can be your this-is-it caterer. :)

DORIE'S CATERING
5 M.H. Del Pilar St., Palatiw, Pasig City
477-4902 / 401-9047 / 345-7556
doriescatering04@yahoo.com

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Attend our Grand Food Tasting at Le RĂªve Events Venue on Sunday, August 30, 2015 in Quezon City. Register online for free invites. :)

    catering Pasig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honest review of Dorie's Catering. You can also check our catering services for wedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this article. Still looking for ideas in best cocktails in Manila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice article, thanks for more information.The food is very good The ambience of the hotel is very good Hotel staff is very good Price of food and drinks are very nominal compared to other 5 stars Suggest one if in ranching should be here and check out the hotel
    AC marriage halls in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...