April 29, 2013

Gown Fitting # 2: Mi Sueno Bridal

Last Saturday, Mox and I went to the Mi Sueno Bridal Boutique in Makati to fit some more ready-to-wear wedding gowns. My chosen gown peg is actually a Pronovias gown, and since Mi Sueno is the exclusive distributor of Pronovias wedding gowns here in the Philippines, I would know whether or not my gown design would look good on me

When we arrived at the boutique, I was given a catalog where I could choose the gowns that I plan to fit. I actually saw my chosen gown peg, but unfortunately, it was not part of the gowns available for fitting. :(

The attendant asked me if I had any gown design/style in mind, so I specifically asked a tulle/lace gown, a mermaid gown and a gown with a dropped waist. I wanted a tulle gown because I always loved the dreamy effect tulle brings to the gown, and I chose the mermaid and the dropped waist silhouettes to see if these silhouettes would complement my body type.

Mi Sueno has a large and cozy fitting room, although the only thing that I didn't like was the curtains were too see-through. Nagkurtina pa sila kung makikita ka rin naman sa labas. Haha! Also, they didn't have a bathrobe to cover me up while I change, so I had to walk around the fitting room in my undies while the attendant was arranging the gowns that I would fit. Pakapalan na lang ng fez ito.

The first gown that I tried was a tulle and lace ballgown. I like its lacy bodice but the skirt was just too poofy that it actually made me look shorter. Plus, even though tulle is a light fabric, the skirt was actually very heavy because it has lots and lots of layers. Baka di ko na siya mabuhat




By the way, I apologize for the crappy photos. Mox was just too busy playing Candy Crush that he couldn't stop for a minute to take a decent picture. Hmp! Also, most of the gowns are in sizes 4 and 6 so most of them would not fit me properly. Kaya medyo malaki tuloy siya tignan sa pictures. Apparently, I'm a size 8 so the attendant had to use some clamps to help close the gowns. Nakakainsecure tuloy magsukat. Haha!

The second gown was a satin gown with a sweetheart neckline and a dropped waist. I like how the corset bodice was able to give me some curves! Plus, it actually elongated my torso, making me look taller! This was my favorite out of the four gowns that I tried.


Next was a lace mermaid gown. As soon as I put it on, I knew right away that the mermaid cut wasn't for me. Since the skirt flared near my knees, it cut down my height, making me look shorter again. I also didn't like the straight neckline. Sweetheart necklines look way better on me,


Lastly, I tried another dropped waist gown, this time with a bustle on the skirt and a belt. Again, I love how slim and tall the gown made me look. The belt adds a nice touch of elegance to it as well.



Obviously, I won't be getting any of these gowns because the prices were just too much. Imagine, the second gown that I tried costs P97,000! You can have a custom-made gown with that rate! But still, at least I was able to know that a dropped waist gown looks best on me. That's actually a good thing because the gown peg that I chose has a dropped waist. Plus, it is also an A-line gown, so it would hide all my flaws. Now I'm even more excited to have my gown made and to see it in person. :)

To set an appointment with Mi Sueno Bridal, just contact them through any numbers listed below or you may just send them an email.:)

MI SUENO BRIDAL BOUTIQUE
Penthouse, the Antheseum Building, 160 LP Leviste St. Salcedo Village, Makati
848-7277 / 848-7278
info@misuenobridal.com

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I like the 2nd one din :) Thanks for sharing your experience! I always wanted to try some gowns on as well pero baka they don't carry my size ;| Parang napakaliit nung sizes na meron sila 4-6 lang? Or ano ba equivalent nun? Small to medium lang? Or extra small? Hihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lei! :) Naku, try mo pa rin magsukat ng gowns to know what silhouette would look good on you. Siguro naman may mga sizes sila. Nagkataon lang na puro 4 saka 6 mga napili kong gowns kaya di magkasya sa akin. Haha

      Delete
  2. Hi sis :) Just wanted to share na nag-set na ako ng appointment with Mi Sueno on Saturday! Nahihiya nga ako kasi d naman ako kukuha ng gown sa kanila ang purpose ko lang is to know ano babagay sa akin. I asked din regarding sizes at sabi meron naman daw mga sizes available for me. I really hope maging ok din experience ko. D ko rin kakalimutan mag-cyclings kasi mahiyain ako baka d ako makapagsukat ng gown kung alam kong kitang-kita ang mga taba/laman ko haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lei,

      Good to hear na nagset ka ng appointment with them! :) Naku okay lang yan, umarte ka na lang na kunwari interested ka talaga tapos sabihin mo paguusapan niyo pa muna ni H2B. Haha! :)

      Basta enjoy the experience. :) Kwentuhan mo ako ha :)

      Delete
  3. hi , can u still remember hm yung gowns thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...