February 1, 2013

Money Matters

Last weekend, I got into a minor car accident. Don't worry, I'm okay and my car is fine. There was no damage whatsoever. However, the car that I hit had scratches on its bumper. I talked it over with the driver of the car and we agreed on a certain amount that I should give her, which was around P4,000. Wow, I couldn't believe those little scratches would cost that much. :(

Because of that, I had to withdraw money from our wedding fund, which screwed up our whole budget plan. :( There were also a lot of additional non wedding-related expenses that seem to appear every month, so we would find ourselves using our wedding budget to pay for these unexpected costs.

I computed our remaining money on hand and found that to make up for our lost funds, we would have to give almost 90% of our salaries to our wedding budget, which would make day-to-day living very difficult. Isang beses lang ata kami kakain araw-araw pag ganun. Ultra-duper tipid mode!

I was so stressed out that I was ready to give up on everything. I even cried to Mox and told him to cancel the wedding, just so we can use our remaining budget for more useful things. Luckily, Mox didn't take me too seriously on my threat. Instead, he just hugged and comforted me, saying that things would get better in the end; I just have to believe in ourselves that we could do it. But still, I wasn't convinced. I kept on computing and thinking of ways to earn more money. And every time, I would get so frustrated because I would end up with no solutions for our problem.

But God would indeed provide for those who are in need. Little blessings soon came to our way; I finally received my annual salary increase, while Mox got a P10,000 bonus for his unused leaves and employment referral fee. It may not be that big of an amount for some, but it was a welcomed solution to our financial issues.

I know this may be the first of the many financial trials that would come during the course of our wedding preparations. But now I know that we would be able to get through it. All I need is some faith in God... and of course in my fiance as well. :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things worked out for you. Money matters are hard when you're planning a wedding but you'll find the when you're determined to do something, God finds a way to help you. Just to share, my fiance and I are paying for our wedding and when we got engaged we had very little money in our account and had no idea how to pay for the wedding. But when we set the date we received many blessings in our careers. While the whole budget for the wedding isn't in the bank yet, I feel less worried about being able to pay. :) You're going to do great! :)

    I hope you can visit my blog
    http://www.maitaatienza.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! :) I'm also glad that everything worked out in the end. God is indeed good. :) Hopefully, we wouldn't experience any more financial scares such as this one. Nakakastress lang. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nat, haha, we've been through the same phase din. Kaya nakarelate ako. Aja! Kaya yan. The Lord is good. I wish you and Mox the best and sending you good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alina! :)

      True, God is good talaga. Ang hirap rin kasi ma-foresee ang mga unexpected gastos lalo na pag nagsisimula pa lang gumawa ng budget for the wedding. Pero good thing talaga na nagkaroon ng mga little blessings. :) Kaya natin ito! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...