January 22, 2013

Florist: Booked!

When we started planning for our wedding, one of our least priorities was our wedding flowers. While others were looking for florists that could arrange the most beautiful bouquets, I would research on those who would offer the cheapest packages. I just don’t find it practical to spend thousands of pesos for flowers that would wilt in a few days, sometimes even in a few hours. 

Deep down, I guess I didn’t want to use real flowers for our wedding. I wanted something nontraditional, something that I could keep as a souvenir of our wedding. In short, I wanted a non-floral bouquet, more specifically one that is made of felt flowers. 

At first, I was so confident in my so-called DIY skills (feelingera lang ang peg) that I decided to make my own bridal felt bouquet. After all, with all the tutorials available in the Internet, how hard could it be diba? I even planned to make all our entourage’s bouquets. I thought they could be cute souvenirs for our entourage as well. Ganun ako kabilib sa sarili ko. Haha! But after a few failed trials (and burns from the glue gun), I gave up because I thought my creations were atrocious. Plus, with all the felt cloth that I kept on buying because of my numerous reworks, I could end up spending more money than what is necessary.

So, I went back to the original plan of sourcing the cheapest vendors of fresh flowers. I inquired with some of the popular florists like Amante Fleurs, but their cheapest package was still too expensive for us. I already thought of going to Dangwa to book any florist there who would fit our budget. Ganun na ako kadesperada. Haha.

Then sis Czy of GirlTalk sent me a private message advertising her new business, Do It Myself by Xheng. She is also a bride, but she makes felt and brooch bouquets as her sideline. I have seen her works before, but I didn't take note of them because, as I said earlier, I thought I could DIY my own bouquet.

But now, I'm so happy to have found her again. I really love her creations! They are so colorful and so cute! The flowers look so real; you can't even tell that they are made from felt from afar. Her rates are very affordable too. She even gave me a discount just so that her package would fit our budget. Ang bait niya sobra! And so after exchanging a few FB messages with her to customize my package, I deposited our downpayment and signed the contract. Yey! I finally found my non-floral "florist"! Haha. Ang labo.


Here are some of her wonderful felt creations, as shown in her Facebook page! The last two bouquets are my favorites. :)







Aren't they lovely? :) I'm so excited to see how she would do my bridal bouquet and my entourage's flowers. :)

Do It Myself by Xheng
0947-1800757 / 0905-8877099

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm so glad you booked Xheng. We worked together on a bridal shoot and I'll tell you, the quality of her work is excellent :)

    I'm a bride on girl talk too and I hope we can keep in touch through our blogs. This is my blog: http://www.maitaatienza.com Hope you stop by to visit me :) Totally putting you on my blogroll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maita! :)

      I've seen some of the pics of the shoot in Xheng's FB page, and I love it! :) Ang ganda super! Great job to the both of you! :)

      Delete
  2. I visit your site.your site is available all Sympathy Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. send flowers to odessa ukraine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...