January 20, 2013

Bridal Fair Stories

Yesterday, Mox and I attended the Getting Married Bridal Fair at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay to book our mobile bar. The trip turned out to be more worthwhile than I thought because of some happenings in between. :)

Yes, Mox's real name is actually Neil. Ang layo noh? Haha.
STORY # 1:

Even though I was all set to buy our wedding rings in Ongpin just to save money, we still went around the fair to inquire with all the jewelers. I fell in love with this pair of two-toned, matte rings with a single diamond on each ring at Goldenhills. Unfortunately, the price was just too much for us. After searching for other alternatives, we found the same design at Suarez Wedding Rings, and it's half the price of Goldenhills'! We didn't book them at the fair though because Mox wanted to think things over, but I'm still happy to find an affordable wedding ring supplier that is more accessible (location-wise) to us than Ongpin. Hehe. We might book them at the next bridal fair so hopefully our design would still be there.

Mox also kept asking questions about the rings at each supplier's booth, which was so unlike him. But it's nice to finally see him become more active in our wedding preparations. Sa singsing lang pala siya magiging mabusisi.  Hehe.

STORY # 2:

We finally booked our mobile bar! And not only that, I got to meet Tine, Aiza and Cris, my fellow W@Wie brides. I have been chatting with them for months now since we will have a group boudoir session together, but this was actually the first time that I have met them. Nice to finally see the faces behind the Facebook accounts. Haha! Now I'm even more excited for our boudoir session! :)

By the way, I got tipsy after drinking so many cocktails at our mobile bar. Thank you Tine for recommending them to me. More details on our mobile bar in the next post.  :)

STORY # 3

We went to Osep&Mimi, our official photographers for the wedding, to make some changes in our contract. When I booked them, I put in Mary the Queen Parish and North Greenhills Clubhouse as our church and venue because I was so sure that we would book them once their 2014 calendars would open. But then we booked another church and venue instead. So now I wanted those changes to be reflected in our contract.

Osep wasn't available because he was at a wedding, so Mimi was the one who entertained us. She wasn't there during our first meeting so it was a pleasant surprise that she knew who I was. Of course, I am their longest booking ever, since I booked them last March 2012 for my April 2014 wedding, so I must have made an impact to them. Hahaha! Ang yabang ko lang.

Mimi is so nice and very easy to talk to! She agreed to my request to have another contract made even though she's busy handing flyers to all those couples passing by. We even sat at their ghost chairs to sign the contract. Haha. I was also able to see samples of their albums, which I didn't have a chance to do during our first meeting. I love their album covers! Now I'm very excited to see how our own albums would look like. :)

The best part of our meeting? Mimi gave me additional freebies that day! Whee! :) My original package included a 5x7 prenup album, a 10x10 wedding album, prenup AVP and a 16x20 canvas print, but she allowed me to change the prenup album to 8x10 and added an onsite AVP and 100 4R prints for free! Ang saya-saya ko lang. Hehe.

See, I told you bridal fairs are fun. Can't wait for the next one. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...