January 8, 2013

A Change of Heart

As you all know, we have already booked Richgold Weddings as our caterer for our wedding. We actually went over our set budget for this, but we thought that with all its freebies, it was still a good choice. We already paid P5,000 to lock in their rates and get all their freebies. Everything was all set; we even did a private food tasting with them at their office in Quezon City, where we chose our initial menu. But then I received an email from Chef Velmor of Purpledish Catering regarding their promo for 2013 and 2014 weddings. Suddenly, Richgold didn’t seem like the perfect choice after all.
 
You see, I was actually torn between Purpledish and Richgold when I was still looking for our caterer. Richgold’s freebies were tempting, but I love Purpledish’s menu. Everything sounded so tasty and sosyal. And imagine having eight desserts as part of the standard package? My sweet tooth tingled with delight when it heard that news. Haha!

Sadly, I was not able to join Purpledish’s anniversary promo because our wedding was too far away then. I was actually envious of the brides who booked Purpledish because they were able to get Chef Velmor’s services at an affordable price and with lots of freebies too! When I computed how much we would spend if we would book Purpledish with its regular rate, it was even pricier than Richgold’s package, and without the freebies pa. And so we decided to book Richgold because it was the next best option.

But even though I was very happy with Richgold’s service and its food, I still couldn’t get Purpledish out of my mind. I was really curious about their food since I've been hearing a lot of raves about them. I kept on hoping that Purpledish would have another promo so that I could afford their packages.

My prayers were answered when Chef Velmor emailed me that they would hold a grand food tasting on Sunday, and if we would book them on the spot, we could avail a 20% discount for the first 150 guests! Their regular rate is P790 per head, so a 20% discount would mean that it would now cost P632 per head. Multiply it by 150 guests, and our total package price is still less than P100,000! What a steal diba? The only catch was we had to pay 30% if the total contract price to avail of the discount. This is a large amount of money to shell out, so we had to think long and hard whether we would book them or not on that day.

After comparing both Purpledish’s and Richgold’s packages, I found that even if we would let go of our P5,000 downpayment and Richgold’s freebies, we could still save more if we book Purpledish. Malaking bagay nga talaga yung 20% discount. We can even book better suppliers to make up for the lost freebies, like mobile bar, photobooth and wedding cake, and still save more money. Ang bongga lang diba?

And when I tasted Chef Velmor’s food, I knew that we MUST DEFINITELY book Purpledish. I’d elaborate more on the food on the next post, but everything was soooo delicious. Even Mox, who originally didn’t want to change our caterer, said that we should get Purpledish na. And so, we went to Chef Velmor to sign the catering agreement and give the 30% downpayment, in cash pa! Yes, I was actually so sure that we would book Purpledish that I had withdrawn our payment ahead of time. Haha. Excited lang ang peg eh.

Our new caterer! :)
So I am now officially a proud Purpledish bride! J My only problem now is how to break the news to Jed and the rest of the Richgold staff that we would no longer get their services. Hmmm.. any suggestions?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...