September 3, 2012

Searching For My Perfect Gown

Since I have booked most of our major suppliers, the next item on my list is choosing my wedding gown, which is probably the most painstaking thing to do during our wedding preps.

My wedding gown will probably be the most expensive clothing that I will ever wear in my entire life, so I must be extremely careful in choosing the perfect gown. I don’t want to end up hating my wedding pictures just because I looked fat and ugly in my gown. Now THAT is a scary thought.

I’m not a girly-girl, so I don’t know anything about the fashion trends when it comes to wedding gowns. All I know is that I don’t want to spend so much money on a gown that I’d wear only once, so I’d rather wear a simple one instead of an expensive, elaborate designer’s creation.

However, I do have some ideas on what would be my perfect gown:
  1. There should be minimal beadwork. I'm not really a fan of shiny beads so if possible, eliminate all elaborate beadworks. You can even remove all the beads for that matter.
  2. It should not be a strapless gown. I don’t have anything against those tube gowns, but it seems like almost everyone wears a strapless wedding gown nowadays. I want to wear something different for my wedding. Also, I don’t want to spend the whole day pulling up my dress, especially since I don’t have the goods to fill the dress. Haha!
  3. No long lace sleeves please. Because I have fat arms, I never, ever wear sleeveless tops and dresses. BUT, I will make an exception on my wedding day. After all, this will be my only time to wear a gown that costs thousands, so might as well work it, right? Idadaan ko na lang sa kapal ng mukha! Haha! I also don’t want to wear long lace sleeves because we will have a summer wedding so imagine my sweaty armpits due to the sweltering heat. Eww.
  4. My back must be covered, possibly by tulle, lace or any see-through material. I have pimples on my back so a backless, a deep V, or even a keyhole back gown is out of the question.
  5. Comfort is a must! My gown should still allow me to dance and move with ease during our reception so no to heavy fabrics! 
 I have already saved some pegs with these criteria in mind, but I think that deserves another blog entry. Hehe.

Searching for the perfect gown requires excellent decision-making skills.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...