September 16, 2012

Church: Booked!

After almost 10 months of being engaged, we have finally booked our church and, in turn, made our wedding date official. Here's where we will exchange "I Do's" in front of our family, friends and God. :)


Christ the King Church in Greenmeadows, Quezon City
Ironically, Christ the King was not part of our original choices for our ceremony venue. I never bothered to do an ocular here because I have been hearing feedbacks that this church is great for big weddings, which was not what I wanted. I wanted a small, intimate chapel since a big church would probably look too empty in the pictures with only 150 guests. But since I wanted to check out the adjacent social hall for our reception venue (more on that on the later post), I decided to peek into the church out of curiosity's sake.

All I can say was WOW. The grand altar was just amazing. I could just imagine myself walking down the aisle towards Mox, towards the huge Jesus at the altar. Even though the church is big, I didn't get the whole pucha mawawala ata ako dito feeling that I got during our Mt. Carmel ocular. On the contrary, it still had that cozy, intimate atmosphere that I liked. Maybe the circular structure of the church was able to give an illusion of coziness? Haha, don't mind me. Nagfefeeling lang ako na may alam sa architecture.

Another plus point for me was its aisle. Surprisingly, CTK's aisle was shorter than average, considering its size. But I don't care; I liked it that way! Haha! And since there was a baptism in the church during my ocular, I was able to experience firsthand the church's airconditioning. Ang lamig ng aircon nila, in fairness. I'm happy to note that my guests would definitely feel comfortable during our ceremony despite the summer heat. :)

The church's interior
Close-up of the altar

Stained glass windows
Musicians' loft
CTK holds three weddings a day: one at 10am, one at 1pm and one at 3pm. The church's package rate is P25,000, which is inclusive of the aisle decors and flowers, organist, soloist and use of airconditioning. They also have a P15,000 package, which has the same inclusions as the former but without the use of aircon. A P5,000 downpayment is required to lock your date and you must pay the rest of the balance in full three months before your wedding.

I was a bit reluctant at first to let go of Santuario de San Jose as our church of choice because my mind was already set on booking them come December. Plus, I want a dramatic entrance for my wedding, and the glass doors of CTK kinda removes that element of surprise. But after giving it some thought, I concluded that booking CTK would be more pratical, both for Mox and I and for our guests. One, it would be right next our chosen reception venue, so less hassle for our guests with no transportion to travel to our reception. Two, its rate is actually cheaper than SSJ's 2014 rate. And three, they're already accepting 2014 bookings, so I can finally crossed that off our checklist. So there, after paying the downpayment, we finally secured our date. Idadaan ko na lang siguro sa kurtina ang dramatic entrance ko.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...