September 25, 2012

My Perfect Bridal Song

I know it’s too soon to come up with a wedding playlist (excited much?), but as early as now, I have been on the lookout for possible songs that we can use for our wedding. In fact, I already have a list of possible bridal march songs, even though I’m not yet sure if my church would allow love songs to be played during the ceremony. Assumerang palaka lang ako eh. Haha.

I only have two criteria for my bridal march song. One, it must have a beautiful melody that can reduce me (and everyone else) into tears. Dapat tagos sa puso ang kanta para feel na feel ko ang paglakad ko sa aisle. And two, its lyrics must speak about my feelings for Mox. I want something that will describe how much I love and cherish him. Cheesy na kung cheesy, pero pagbigyan niyo na kami. Kasal naman namin yun eh.

I have tried listening to the usual songs used for the bridal march, such as “Panunumpa”, “Two Words” and “Ikaw”, but I felt no real connection to them. I didn't have that warm, fuzzy feeling of kilig, which was a telltale sign that I had found THE ONE. Sadly, these songs just weren't the perfect choice for us.

But as I was driving home last night from my monthsary date with Mox (happy 23rd monthsary by the way), I heard this song played on the radio, a 1997 single by Jim Brickman featuring Michelle Wright. I suddenly felt that kilig feeling, and right then and there, I knew I have found my bridal march song.


The song fits the bill perfectly. It has this melody that is so hauntingly beautiful that it gives me chills. I could just imagine myself walking down the aisle with that song playing on the background. Plus, it relays exactly what I wanted to say to my fiance, which I'll explain further in a later post. For now, I'll just swoon for a bit as I listen to this song over and over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...