January 12, 2014

Models For A Day: Our Official Prenup Shoot

Last Friday, Mox and I finally had our prenup with our official wedding photographers, Osep&Mimi. We were supposed to have our prenup in November, but we had to reschedule because it was exactly the day when Yolanda hit the Philippines. Kainis, ang malas ng timing namin. It was also the peak season for weddings, so the earliest possible date that both our stylist and photographers were available was in January. That's another two months of waiting, but at least we had more time to prepare. Hehe.

The day before the shoot, I took a day off from the office to buy the food that we would bring to the shoot. I didn't want our suppliers to be hungry, but I also didn't want to buy too much food since I knew that we would be hiking, and it would be difficult to bring all the food and drinks with us. With that in mind, I decided to just buy:
  • Two packs of Regent cakes (Chocolate and Custard flavors)
  • One pack of Nagaraya (Barbecue)
  • One pack of Pica-Pica (Cheese)
  • One jar of Stik-O
  • One six-liter container of  water

These were also my favorite snacks because I was thinking that in case our suppliers wouldn't be able to finish the food, at least I would be able to take them home and eat them myself. Haha!

On the day of the prenup, I woke up very early to prepare our things. Mox was supposed to be at our house at 7:30am, but I learned that he woke up at around 8:00am,  and our call-time at Aira's house was at 9:00am! Luckily, there was no traffic on that day, so we met halfway and was at Aira's house a few minutes past our call-time. Pasalamat si Mox na maaga pa rin kami or else, gyera na ito! Haha!

As soon as we got there, we met with Aira and Boombee, her makeup artist for the day. I was expecting to see Fritz, her usual HMUA, but Aira said that she's currently rotating her team members so it was Boombee's turn to do my hair and makeup. While she's busy prepping me up for the shoot, Aira was fixing our clothes and preparing the accessories needed. Then, we just ordered lunch and ate at her house. Afterwards, we were on our way to Wawa Dam! :)

The travel to Wawa Dam took about an hour because of the traffic, but luckily, we still arrived there on time based on Aira's schedule. Osep was already there, along with his teammate Chris. Boombee retouched my makeup while Mox was busy fixing the permits needed for the shoot. As soon as our tour guide arrived, we were off to our first location for the day.

Our overall look for the prenup was bohemian hipster, so our wardrobe for the first layout were shorts and boots for me, and a flannel shirt and boots for Mox. We shot around the bridge and the abandoned building overlooking the dam. Very ghetto. Hehe.

Photo by Aira Franco
We then hiked some more and found this rocky, open space, with the mountains as a background. We changed into our wardrobe for the second layout: a floral dress and boots again for me, and a military jacket and black shirt for Mox. We had to rent a cottage so that we would have some place to put our things. We then crossed a shaky, wooden bridge to get to the other side. Luckily, my clumsy side was not present so I was spared the humiliation of falling off the bridge. Haha.

Photo by Aira Franco
For our third layout, we decided to shoot near the dam itself. We changed into our last set of clothes for the day: a long printed dress for me and a denim jacket and white shirt for Mox. We decided to take a side trip first because I requested Osep for some photos on a raft, so our tour guide served as our boatman as we went to the middle of the reservoir. I was a bit nervous because the raft was shaky and I didn't want to fall into the lake, but the boatman was able to steer us into safety. And judging by Aira's photo, the experience was worth it.

Photo by Aira Franco
Finally, we went off to our last location for the day: the rocks along the dam. This was actually the reason why I chose Wawa Dam as our prenup location; I love the big rocks! Dyosang-dyosa lang ang peg! It was a bit difficult navigating around the rocks because I wore a long dress and sandals, but Aira and Osep were there to help me get there safely. We had to move fast because it was almost six and the sun was about to set, but a few minutes after starting the shoot, the sky suddenly cleared up, and there was sunlight everywhere! Imagine that, we were given extra time to shoot by God! Naawa siguro sa amin kasi nagcancel nga kami dahil kay Yolanda. Haha.

Photo by Aira Franco
All in all, it was a tiring yet fun shoot. I'm so thankful for our suppliers who were game enough to hike through the dam to capture the perfect shot. They also kept on saying how beautiful the place is! It was the perfect location for our prenup. :) Now I can't wait to see our pictures!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Nat!

    Is it still okay to process the photo shoot permit on the day of the shoot itself? And how much did you have to pay? Please advise!

    Thanks!
    Justine - (+63926)7122600

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tins!

      Yes, you can process the permit on the day of the shoot. :) You have to pay P800 to the baranggay hall then another P500 to the tourism office for the permit. :)

      Delete
    2. Yay! :) Thanks, Nat! Congrats and best wishes (soon!) to you and your h2b!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...