July 4, 2012

HMUA: Booked!

Being a simple girl with limited knowledge on the whole makeup thing, I only had two requirements in choosing my HMUA for my wedding. One, my face must have the same color as my body (I had one makeup trial where my face is whiter than my neck so that HMUA was crossed off the list); and two, they must fit the budget. We plan to shoulder our entourage’s hair and makeup as our gift to them, so I was really looking for an HMUA that offers affordable wedding packages. And since I didn’t know how to assess their makeup skills based on their portfolio (everyone looks pretty much the same to me), I just checked their rates to see if they’d fit our set budget.

At first, I was planning to book Mitch Camaclang to avail her Time to Give Back promo. But when I computed how much it would cost me to add an additional head, plus a second look for the reception, it cost more than what we could afford. Then I learned that we won the freenup promo of Aisle 1401, so I began searching for an affordable HMUA for the freenup. Luckily, I saw that Berny Tia was holding free makeup trials for the whole month of June. She had great feedbacks from GirlTalk and her rates were very affordable, so I decided to schedule a makeup trial with her to see if I’d get her for our freenup.

Before the start of our trial, Berny asked for specific wedding details, like the time of the ceremony and reception and even the kind of dress that I would be wearing, to assess what kind of look would fit me.  Since I wasn’t able to bring some pegs (hindi ako prepared!), I just decided on a simple curly updo, which became a wavy down 'do for the reception. I was pleasantly surprised that the trial also included some hairstyling because I could visualize my entire look for the wedding. And the fact that I'd have pretty hair and makeup for my date with Mox afterwards was an added bonus. Hehe.

After our trial, I now understand why she's slowly making waves in the wedding industry. I super love her hair and makeup on me! I looked fresh and natural, and yet still pretty-fied, if there is such a word. I wanted my makeup to enhance my features and not to overpower them, and luckily Berny was able to give me the simple yet elegant look that I want. Even though she used traditional makeup on me, it didn't feel that heavy on the face. Plus, the makeup's staying power was incredible! We finished our trial at around 5pm and my makeup still looked fresh and glowing three hours later.

I have curls! :)
I also liked the fact that Berny is very thorough in putting on her clients' makeup. She took time in applying the primer, foundation and concealer to ensure that any blemish on my skin will be covered. Not once did she used her hands to touch my face, only brushes. And did I mention that her rates are super affordable? Her basic bridal package is P8,000, which consists of traditional makeup for the bride and groom, plus two additional heads. For an airbrush upgrade, just add P2,000. Oh diba ang mura?

I got to say, we just clicked! As soon as I sat down in front of her mirror, we just kept talking and talking. As in tatlong oras of nonstop chikahan! And from that moment, I just knew that I found my HMUA. So we booked her not only for our freenup, but also for our wedding itself. Whee!


BERNY TIA OF STYLE ME BEAUTIFUL
0915-2651724
smBeautiful@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for another informative website. Where else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal way? I've a project that I'm just now working on, and I've been on the look out for such information.
    tea length bridesmaid dresses

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...