February 20, 2012

Weekend Love

This must have been one of, if not, the busiest weekend ever! So read at your own risk because this will be one LONG blog entry. Haha!

THURSDAY
Since our team follows Dubai time, our workweek ends on Thursdays. So to celebrate the weekend and Jerhmie's birthday, we went to Music Match in Ortigas Home Depot to eat, drink and sing our hearts out. Kami na ang mga addict sa videoke! This was my first time to go out with my new officemates so I was pretty excited to just relax and have fun with them.





This was my first time in almost 10 months to go out and drink with office friends. Di na nga ako sanay uminom eh. But what I missed more than the drinking itself is the camaraderie between colleagues that these office gimiks seem to inspire. I'd never thought I would experience that again, but last Thursday's videoke nightout proved me wrong. :)  

FRIDAY
Despite having only three hours of sleep and a mild hangover from last night's videoke gimik, I still went to The Wedding Library's Weddings & Debuts 2012 bridal fair at Megatrade Halls 1 to 3 to meet prospective suppliers and of course get some more fliers! :)

One thing is for sure, the bridal fair is definitely one of the biggest events that I've attended so far. It took me almost three hours to go around each and every booth. I even had a list of all the exhibitors just to check whether I passed by all of them. Ang bigat na tuloy ng bag ko sa sobrang dami ng brochures at fliers. But all in all, it was worth it because I saw a lot of different suppliers and I had a free make-up trial with Monique Cruz of Natural Glow Makeup, which was perfect because I got a date with Mox later in the evening. Nakalibreng makeup pa tuloy ako para sa date. Too bad, I didn't have a picture of my face before and after the trial. But rest assured, maganda pa rin naman ako. Hahaha!

In other news, Mox and I finally had our Valentine's date at Cafe Juanita. It's a little cafe near Kapitolyo in Pasig that serves Filipino and Japanese dishes. We ordered bagnet, buro (a vegetable dish) and garlic pepper squid. The ambience was homey and at the same time romantic, and the food was delicious, although we quickly became full after drinking too much mango shake and water because the garlic pepper squid was so spicy. It was also a bit priceyour bill reached more than a thousand pesos for just the two of usbut overall it can still be a great dating place.



Yummy bagnet :)
Mox also gave me a flower as a gift, but I was more giddy over his usual greeting card because he finally wrote a more kilig-inducing message than his "Mahal na mahal kita beh mwah simple lang!" note that he always write. Naks, nagiging romantiko na siya. Haha!

SATURDAY
I accompanied my best friend, my fiance and some friends to watch the Liv5 concert in Trinoma. It featured five pop-punk bands from the U.S.: The Ready Set, A+ Dropouts, The Summer Set, Forever The Sickest Kids and A Rocket To The Moon. I started listening to pop punk because of my best friend's influence, but I was not familiar with all the bands that played, except for A Rocket To The Moon. Dinaig pa nga ako ng mga high school kids dun kasi mas alam pa nila ang mga kanta kesa sa akin.

A funny sidenote: We didn't have tickets for the concert so we were just standing outside the venue, trying to catch a glimpse of the bands at the big TV screen. Suddenly, an event organizer asked us if we want to go in and watch for free, so of course we agreed! Naawa siguro sa amin kasi kami lang nagtiyagang maghintay at manuod sa labas. Haha!

The concert lasted for four hours and ended at around 9pm. Then we spent almost two hours walking around Trinoma, searching for a place to eat. Because it was almost 11pm, most of the restaurants were already closing. Good thing, KFC was still open so we were still able to grab some dinner before heading home. We even took advantage of KFC's photobooth since there are only a few people left. Napuno ata namin yung buong screen nila ng mga pictures namin. Camwhore na camwhore. Haha! Too bad, we couldn't get a copy of our pictures. Booooo!



Overall, it was a great but tiring weekend. Next week, it will probably be even more tiring because Mox and I will try to squeeze in two food tasting sessions into our schedule. Excited na akong mabusog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...