August 11, 2013

Wedding Shoes: Booked!

My wedding shoes were not really my priority. I was actually planning to just buy ready-to-wear shoes from any department store for our wedding. I'm not a fan of heels anyway so I don't want to spend thousands of pesos for a pair of shoes that I would probably wear for just a few hours.

Then Ivy, one of my W@Wie friends, suggested to visit this shoe supplier in Marikina, Roweliza, who specializes in making bags and custom-made shoes. I once toyed with the idea of having custom-made shoes, but the quotes from the well-known suppliers of custom-made shoes were enough to make me reject the thought.

But I was curious about Roweliza, so I sent her an email asking for a quote for my chosen peg. In a matter of minutes, I received a reply, and the price that she gave me was way cheaper than the quotes from Perfect Match and other shoe suppliers. Now I was really interested to meet them! :)

And so Ivy and I, as well as some of our W@Wie friends, decided to pay them a visit after our cake tasting with Chef Kiko. We were asked to wait for Ms. Rowie, the owner. When she finally came out after an hour, she was surprised to see five brides (and a groom) waiting in her small office. Oo, dinumog nanaman namin sila. Haha!

She then immediately got down to business. She asked us first to show her our chosen designs, then she called one of her men to measure our feet. The size of our feet would also play a factor on the pricing of our shoes because it would determine the amount of material needed to make our shoes. She also asked the heel height of our shoes, the embellishments (if we wanted any), and even the color of the buckles of the straps (if applicable). Yes, they were that detailed and organized!

We were also shown a box full of swatches of the different materials for the shoes. Honestly, it was so hard to pick a material; there were just too many choices! I wanted to be able to use my shoes after the wedding so I was tempted at first to choose a neutral color, such as white. But then I realized that colored shoes are much prettier in photos, so I picked a swatch that is within our color motif. After discussing the payment terms, I finally decided to book them and gave Ms. Rowie my downpayment for the shoes. I was told that our shoes would be ready in about two weeks to a month, depending on the availability of the materials and their workload. Whee! I can't wait!

So what made me decide to have my shoes custom-made? You see,  I have already looked around the department stores for my wedding shoes, and most of them have the same price as my peg (as quoted by Roweliza). So I might as well have mine custom-made diba? That way, I would be able to choose my own design and ensure that the shoes would be comfy too. It's a win-win situation!

Here is my chosen peg for my wedding shoes, only mine will use a turquoise glittery material. Ang arte ko lang. Haha!


FASHION PURVEYOR (ROWELIZA)
58 Sta. Ana Ext., Marikina East Subdivison, San Roque, Marikina City
645-2825 / 09178132825
roweliza.shoesbags@gmail.com

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article, thanks for more information.The food is very good The ambience of the hotel is very good Hotel staff is very good Price of food and drinks are very nominal compared to other 5 stars Suggest one if in ranching should be here and check out the hotel
    AC marriage halls in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...