August 8, 2013

Food Tasting # 21: Toy Cakes and Pastries by Chef Kiko

Okay, this is not the usual food tasting entry that you guys are used to because I didn't really attend a caterer's grand food tasting. Instead, I, along with some W@Wie friends, went to Chef Kiko's house to taste some of his delicious cakes and desserts! I already booked my cake supplier, but I just couldn't pass the chance to taste some delicious treats for free!

I've heard a lot of great reviews about Toy Cakes and Pastries by Chef Kiko, and I personally love the cupcakes that he baked for the W@W Grand EB, so I was really excited to taste more of his goodies! :)

We picked the perfect time for our cake tasting because another client had booked Chef Kiko to do their dessert buffet, so there was a table full of cupcakes and other goodies when we arrived. And these were all served to us! Yey!


Now let's get a more close-up look at all these desserts. First up are the panna cottas. We had the Kit-Kat Panna Cotta, the Fruit Panna Cotta, and the Malteser Panna Cotta. I just made up the last one since I'd completely forgotten the name of the panna cotta. I just called it the Malteser Panna Cotta since it has a Malteser in it. Haha!

From L-R: Kit-Kat Panna Cotta, Fruit Panna Cotta, and Malteser Panna Cotta
What I love about Chef Kiko's panna cottas is that they have the right amount of sweetness to them, even those with chocolates as toppings! Hindi siya nakakaumay talaga. I especially love the fruit panna cotta because the sourness of the fruits was the perfect complement to the panna cotta. I loved them so much that I got three shot glasses! Patay gutom lang. Haha.

Then we had the cupcakes, both the bite-size and full size versions! We had Dark Chocolate Ganache, Banana Walnut, Red Velvet and Lemon cupcakes.

Dark Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes



Boy, all of the cupcakes were yummy! Mox especially liked the dark choco ganache, although I found them a bit too sweet. Just one or two of these bite-size babies would satisfy my choco cravings. The banana walnut was also delicious, but I'm not a fan kasi of anything with nuts in it, so I'll probably pass on this one. I loved the red velvet and lemon cupcakes because both were not too sour nor too sweet, and yet you can still taste their distinctive flavors (the cream cheese frosting for the red velvet cupcake and the lemon flavor for the lemon cupcake).

Lastly, we hadFruit Tarts and Truffles. I really couldn't comment much on the fruit tarts because I didn't taste them, but for the truffles, I only have one thing to say: choco overload! Imagine this chocolate ball that is the size of a jackstone ball covered with cocoa powder. It was delicious, but I could only take so much chocolate for the day. Ako na ang gumive-up sa kanya! Haha!

Truffles and Fruit Tarts
Chef Kiko also showed us a sample of his three-layered cake, which costs about P6,500. The cake has one edible layer, which is the bottom part, and is taller than the average three-layered cake. I guess in a way, sulit na rin siya. And of course, you can be sure that your cake would taste delicious.



Despite being tired from conducting a dessert tasting for one client and baking a wedding cake for another client, Chef Kiko was still so cheerful and friendly to the group of very noisy people who went to the cake tasting. And mind you, we were 13 in the group, including the grooms. Talagang sinugod namin si Chef! Haha! Still, he was able answer all of our inquiries and even took a group picture with us.


Thank you again Chef Kiko for the very warm welcome and for the delicious treats! :) I'm really looking forward to tasting your Chocolate Cheesecake. A note to my darling fiance, you now know what cake to order for my birthday. Haha!

TOY CAKES AND PASTRIES BY CHEF KIKO
#5 16th Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City
0905-3191296

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article, thanks for more information.The food is very good The ambience of the hotel is very good Hotel staff is very good Price of food and drinks are very nominal compared to other 5 stars Suggest one if in ranching should be here and check out the hotel
    AC marriage halls in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...