March 5, 2013

Boudoir # 1: Mad Hatter Studios

Now let's get to a more detailed kwento a.k.a. supplier ratings on my boudoir sessions. First on the list is Mad Hatter Studios!

PHOTOGRAPHER: Mad Hatter Studios
Peso Power: P2,500 (discounted price from W@W auction)
Contact Details: madhatterstudios@yahoo.com
Rating: 5+++ out of 5

Mad Hatter was actually not my first choice as a boudoir photographer since I was a bit iffy at first at the thought of posing half naked in front of a male photographer. But I already met Archie back when I thought I would get them (as Alt-X Videos) as our videographer, so I thought the ilang feeling would lessen. Plus, who could resist the low, low rate that I got from them courtesy of W@W? :)

I was nervous at first, but Archie didn't make me feel uncomfortable, even though I was only wearing underwear. He gave me some tips on how to showcase my sexy side and even demonstrated the poses that he wanted me to do. Mas malandi pa nga siyang magpose kesa sa akin. Haha! He kept on moving around the room to get the right angles for the shot, which paid off since I love how he made me sexy in every picture. :)

Here are some of the more conservative pics in the bunch. The rest are for Mox's eyes only. Hehe.



 

HMUA: Charis Torres
Peso Power: P1,500 for airbrush makeup
Contact Details:0922-6469055
Rating: 5+++ out of 5

I asked Archie for suggestions of a HMUA who specializes in boudoir makeup and he recommended Charis, who did the makeup in most of their boudoir shoots. Since I wanted someone who has already worked with Mad Hatter, I decided to book her immediately even though I haven't had a trial session with her.

I made the right choice because I love my hair and makeup! I looked so sweet yet so sexy. As in rawr na rawr! I only needed minimal retouches during the four-hour shoot, even on my nose, which is always my shiniest body part. She actually made me want to use airbrush makeup on our wedding!

She also doubled as my PA/Archie's shooting assistant because she would cover me up with her scarf whenever we would pause for a break, or she would hold up Archie's reflector to give some much needed light to the shots. She even pushed my back during one photo to give an illusion of curves. Hehe.

And the best thing about her is that she is super affordable! Imagine, I only had to pay P1,500 for hair and airbrush makeup! Sulit na sulit talaga. I would definitely recommend her! :)

HOLIDAY INN GALLERIA
Peso Power: P5,500 for a King Executive Room (Promo Rate)
Contact Details: 633 7111
Rating: 4 out of 5

I booked Holiday Inn Galleria since they had a promo of 30% off with free Internet access and breakfast for two. I got the King Executive Room since I wanted a separate sitting room where we could put our bags and other stuff while we're doing the shoot. Plus, Mox and I decided to stay overnight for our Valentine's/monthsary celebration so I wanted something more fancier than the normal standard room. Hehe.

The room size is okaynot too big, but not too small either. The room also has a large window on one side, which allows ample lighting, but I would still prefer a corner room with two large windows to maximize the natural light.

I only gave them a 4 though because they didn't allow us to check-in early. We had to start our hair and makeup at 2:00pm, which left us cramming to finish the shoot before dark. It was also raining the whole day, which made it even more important to start the shoot early because we wanted to catch whatever little sunlight was left. Nakakainis pa, kung kelan tapos na ang shoot saka naman umaraw ng todo. Hay.

But despite the gloomy weather during our shoot, I really had a blast doing this! Sa uulitin! Pagiipunan ko pa ang couple's boudoir namin ni Mox. Haha!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...