April 6, 2014

Food Tasting # 24: Final Food Tasting with Purpledish

Attending food tasting events was probably my most favorite thing to do during our wedding preparations. In fact, I have attended more than 20 food tastings, even with caterers that weren't part of our shortlist. Ganun ako ka-adik noon. Haha. Now with less than three weeks to go, I won't have any excuse anymore to attend these events. This will probably be my last food tasting entry for this blog, so it's a bittersweet moment for me. Mamimiss ko ito.

Anyway, last February, Mox and I attended another group food tasting session with Purpledish so we could finally create our final menu. This time, the food tasting was held in Columns, Makati. At least it's much nearer to us than Paranaque. Iwas toll fees rin.

I really liked Purpledish's setup during the event. It was elegant and classy, despite having little flowers on the table. I am not really a fan of lush and high centerpieces anyway. I want our guests to see one another during dinnertime, so short centerpieces are the best.


For our cocktail hour, we were given five appetizers: Asparagus Wrapped in Smoked Bacon, Cirkulo Tofu, Eggplant Parmigiana, Sausage Bruschetta and Fresh Veggie Rolls.

Asparagus Wrapped in Smoked Bacon, Cirkulo Tofu, Egpplant Parmegiana, Sausage Bruschetta and Fresh Veggie Rolls (Clockwise)
I won't rate the others anymore as I've already tasted them before. Only the fresh veggie roll was the new appetizer in the bunch. It was the ordinary lumpia, but I thought its peanut sauce was delicious. It didn't have that strong nutty flavor, which I liked as I'm not a fan of peanuts. However, I'm not sure if this would be included in our final menu.

Then we had two choices of soup shots: Broccoli and Cheese and French Onion and Cheese. The french onion soup was our early favorite then, but when we tasted the broccoli and cheese soup, we didn't know which tasted better! It was so delicious. It was creamy, and the hint of broccoli was the perfect complement to the cheese flavor. I actually wanted to get one more soup shot because I couldn't get enough of it. :)

(L-R) Broccoli and Cheese Soup; French Onion and Cheese Soup
We also had two choices for the salad: Mango Salsa and Asian Chicken. Again, the mango salsa was our favorite, and while we thought the Asian chicken tasted okay, it didn't really surpass the mango salsa's yumminess. The mango salsa has that certain sweetness, while the Asian salad has the sourness brought by the oranges in it. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the Asian chicken salad because my camera's battery died before they served the salad.

Mango Salsa Salad
Now on to our main dishes! Again, we didn't have any pictures of the main dishes as our camera didn't have enough battery life, so please bear with me.

We have a new fish entree for today: the Baked Fish in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce. It was a welcome change from the Norwegian Salmon that is usually served during the food tastings. The fish is cream dory, which explains why the fish was so soft and tender. In fact it just melted in my mouth as soon as I ate it. I love it!

We also had a new pasta entree: the Creamy Veggie Fusili. Although it has a creamy white sauce, the pasta itself is not so flavorful. Apparently, it's targeted for vegetarians so it has this bland taste. Sorry, I really didn't like it. I rather have the beef and veggie lasagna than this.

For our chicken entree, we had White Chicken in Mascarpone Sauce. I really couldn't remember the taste, but it was at least different from the oil-based chicken dishes that I usually taste from the previous food tastings.

We were served two pork entrees: Herbed Roast Porkloin in Dill Cream Sauce and Pork Bourguignon. Again, I couldn't remember how both dishes tasted like, but the difference of the two is that the former has white cream sauce, while the latter has red cream sauce.

Of course, we had the usual 10 Hour Slow Roast US Beef Belly with Mushroom Wine and Caldereta Sauvignon Sauces. If you booked Purpledish's 2014 package, you get to choose two sauces for the roast beef, but since I booked their 2013 package, I only get to choose one. Better wait for my wedding to see which sauce I chose for the roast beef. Hehe.

Finally, we have the desserts: Macedonia Fruits, Bluer than Blueberry Cheescake, Strawberry Mousse Cheescake, Khamizu Cheesecake, Beco Cheesecake, Pistachio Sansrival, Mango Creme Brulee, Cream Puff, Night and Day Eclair, and Chocolate Truffles. I won't go into details anymore since these are already staples of Purpledish's food tastings. However, I have to let you know that I was very disappointed with the Mango Creme Brulee. During our very first food tasting with Purpledish, I raved about their creme brulee. I even said that it was the best I have ever tasted. But during our last food tasting, the creme brulee was very runny and bland. Mox even said it was disgusting. What a huge letdown. :(


Overall, the food tasting was a success. We were finally able to create our final menu, and we got to take home some leftovers too. Ang saya ko lang. Haha.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...