January 23, 2012

A Love Letter

Dear Fiance,

When I first met you, I thought you were a snatcher. Nakakagulat ka kasi, bigla ka na lang sumusulpot sa daan. Yun pala, you were just Wil's college friend. Kainis ka, tinakot mo pa ako ng wala sa oras.

You were a soft-spoken guy; in fact, you just listened and smiled shyly when I kept badgering you about my former officemate who was being linked to you. Di ka man lang umiimik. So when I dropped you off in front of Galle, I thought that would be the last time I would hear from you. Well, I was wrong.

Later that night, I heard you told Wil you wished I was the one whom you've been courting instead of my officemate. You even expressed your worry that I wouldn't notice you because I'm too "rich" (your words, not mine.) I laughed it off, thinking it was just a big joke. After all, that was the first time we'd seen each other. Ano yun, love at first sight? Sa simula pa lang, bolero ka na.

Despite that so-called profession of attraction, you were suddenly aloof and cold to me two months later. Even though we were in the company of common friends, you wouldn't speak to me, much less look at me in the eye. I couldn't understand why the sudden change of attitude towards me. Wala naman akong ginawa sa iyo eh. Masyado kang suplado and that turned me off.

I was quite uncomfortable when you tagged along during my movie date with Wil and Mac because I thought things between us would be awkward. But the tension was finally broken when we found ourselves chatting about mundane things. You were actually funny and quite easy to talk to. You even paid for my popcorn, saying "Di bale akong magutom, wag lang ikaw." Hanep sa mga linya diba? Duma-damoves ka na pala noon, di ko pa alam.

During Mac's birthday party two days later, you were always asking me if I was okay and if I needed anything. You tried to keep up with me while drinking The Bar, even if you were already red in the face. You took care of me while I was already tipsy after drinking my nth beer. I was treated like the guest of honor that night, even though it wasn't my birthday. And then the unexpected happened. As we were going down the stairs, you suddenly grabbed my hand and said, "Tayo na?" Before I could process what was going on, I said yes. And that was it; we were now a couple.

I really didn't know the reason for my hasty decision. Maybe I was too drunk to comprehend what had just happened. Maybe I just wanted a fling since I knew you already liked me. Or maybe I thought it was all just a joke. I certainly didn't take it seriously then and I thought you didn't too. But when I saw you waiting for me outside our office building two days after, I quickly knew that this was all real, that you were indeed serious about me. That's when I fully acknowledged the possibility that I could fall in love with you. And as time went by, I did fall... badly. :)

Our relationship may seem too fast for others, but look at us now. We are now on our 15th month as a couple and despite all the fights, drama moments and even short-lived breakups, I can say we are growing stronger day by day. It's funny that what I had perceived before as a "bogus" relationship is now turning into the real thing. I look forward to the day that you and I will be at the altar, promising "to love and to hold till death do us part" in front of our family, friends and God. I used to dream about traveling to different places, but now all I can think about is how I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Two more years to go before that dream will become a reality. Excited na ako. :)

So I guess, my first impression of you was right. Snatcher ka nga talaga. Na-snatch mo kasi ang puso ko eh. Hahahaha! (Sorry, ang corny pero aminin mo, napangiti kita.)

Circa Feb 2011. Our first Valentine's together. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...